Find a CNA Class near you

CNA Salary In Wyoming

As per the information provided by the Bureau of Labor Statistics, in May 2013, the average CNA salary in Wyoming was $27,750 per annum and $13.34 per hour. The total number of CNAs employed in this year was 3,270 and the employment per thousand jobs was 11.72. According to a survey conducted by, it was reported that CNA salary in WY was $20,000 in January 2015, which was 17% lower than the average salary all over the country. Undoubtedly, the certified nursing assistants who are working in the same field for years will surely have better job opportunities and earn higher pay.

Yearly CNA Salary in WY on Different Percentile Brackets

The annual salary of a certified nursing assistant in Wyoming based on various percentile brackets is as follows:

Percentile BracketAnnual Wages

Information Source – The Bureau of Labor Statistics (as of May 2013)

  • 90% of CNAs offered less than $35,450; 10% enjoyed more than $35,450.
  • 75% of certified nurse assistants were salaried less than $30,050; remaining 25% earned more than $30,050.
  • 50% of the employees received less than $27,310; rest 50% earned more than $27,310.
  • 25% of CNAs were waged less than $24,170 annually while 75% were compensated more than $24,170.
  • 10% of employees were paid less than $21,210; 90% were offered more than $21,210.

Salary as per Geographical Location

The earnings of a certified nursing assistant in Wyoming are calculated by keeping into consideration the geographical and educational factors. According to, in January, 2015, Casper and Laramie were the highest paying cities with median annual, monthly, weekly, and hourly salary $28,021, $2,335, $539 and $13 respectively. Gillette paid $21,874 yearly to its nurses with a median monthly salary of $1,823.

Name of the CityMedian Annual SalaryMedian Monthly SalaryMedian Weekly SalaryMedian Hourly Salary
Rock Springs$23,660$1,972$455$11

Information Source – (as of January 2015)

Average Salary of Similar Job Titles in WY

There are several job titles in the nursing field that are given to the certified nursing assistants, on the basis of education level and specialization, which in turn decides their salary. For example, CNA Hospice made $26,000 while CNA Rrmc and Medical Assistant Family Practice earned $24,000 (as of January 2015). Correctional Prison Facility CNA is the lowest paid job title with an average salary of $12,000.

Featured Nursing Schools Near You

Job TitleSalary
CNA Float Pool Riverbend$22,000
CNA Neurology Riverbend$22,000
CNA Rrmc$24,000
CNA Medical South$20,000
CNA Medical Surgical$22,000
CNA CA State Prison$19,000
CNA Submit Info Today$19,000
CNA Sign UP Today$20,000
CNA Hospice$26,000
CNA Sign UP$19,000
Skilled Nursing Facility CNA$14,000
Correctional Prison Facility CNA$12,000
Acute Care CNA$13,000
Medical Assistant Family Practice$24,000

Information Source – (as of January 2015)

Other Benefits

There are a number of benefits provided by employers to give monetary help to the certified nursing assistants and their families. It includes the following –

  • Bonus
  • Pension plans
  • Sick leaves
  • Life insurance
  • Dental and vision plans
  • Retirement plans
  • Certain types of disability
  • Healthcare insurance

Job Outlook

CNAs play the most important role in healthcare facility. Hence, they are highly demanded professionals. They are mostly prevalent in long-term care and nursing facilities. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, it has been reported that the number of job opportunities for certified nursing assistants will be numerous in between 2012 and 2022, with a rise of approximately 21 percent. Although, several nurse aides leave their jobs in order to pursue advanced program course.


Question 1 – Can anyone help me in suggesting some of the best earning job titles in Wyoming?

Answer – In Wyoming, CNA Hospice enjoy the highest income of $26,000 per annum. Other top paying job titles include Medical Assistant Family Practice ($24,000), CNA Float Pool Riverbend ($22,000), CNA Neurology Riverbend ($22,000), and CNA Rrmc ($24,000).

Question 2 – At present, I am employed as a CNA in Kentucky, but planning to shift to Wyoming after 1 year. How much salary can I anticipate in the state?

Answer – Certified nursing assistants willing to start their nursing career in the state of WY can expect an average pay of $20,000 per annum.