Find a Nursing School

CNA Salary In Pennsylvania

Pennsylvania ranks fifth among the top five states that have the highest employment level. A survey conducted by the Bureau of Labor Statistics reveals that the state employed 74,520 certified nursing assistants in May 2013 and the employment per 1,000 jobs was 13.27. In the same year, the mean annual and hourly income was $27,850 and $13.39. The average CNA salary in Pennsylvania was recorded to be $24,000 (as per the reports of, as of January 2015). It was 4 percent lower as compared to the average salary of CNAs all over the country. So, if you are planning to work as a nursing aide in PA, then you can anticipate excellent job opportunities in the state.

Get Your Degree!

Find schools and get information on the program that’s right for you.

Yearly CNA Salary in PA on Different Percentile Brackets

The annual salary of CNA in Pennsylvania based on different percentile brackets is as follows:

Percentile BracketAnnual Wages

Information Source – The Bureau of Labor Statistics (as of May 2013)

  • 90% of certified nurse assistants were paid less than $36,540; 10% were paid more than $36,540.
  • 75% of CNAs earned less than $31,090; remaining 25% earned more than $31,090.
  • 50% of the employees received less than $27,330; rest 50% earned more than $27,330.
  • 25% of CNAs were waged less than $23,650; 75% were waged more than $23,650.
  • 10% of employees made less than $20,810; 90% were offered more than $20,810.

Salary as per Geographical Location

The geographic location does play a major role in deciding the salary of a certified nursing assistant in PA. There are some cities that provide handsome salary packages while some other paid peanuts. For instance, Levittown and Doylestown paid the highest wages of $36,240 whereas Scranton and Wilkes Barre offered the lowest income of $28,430.

Name of the CityMedian Annual SalaryMedian Monthly SalaryMedian Weekly SalaryMedian Hourly Salary
State College$29,576$2,465$569$14
West Chester$33,326$2,777$641$16
Wilkes Barre$28,430$2,369$547$14

Information Source – (as of January 2015)

Average CNA Salary of Similar Job Titles in PA

There are a number of specialization courses that not only help nurses attain higher positions, but also give them a chance to earn lucrative salary. In January 2015, according to, the highest paid professionals were CNA Hospice who earned $31,000; following them were CNA Rrmc and Medical Assistant Family Practice, who made $28,000. CNA Medical Surgical made $26,000. The lowest paid ($14,000) workers were Correctional Prison Facility CNA.

Just fill your information and find the nearest school in your state.

Get Started As A Registered Nurse Today!

Job TitleSalary
CNA Float Pool Riverbend$25,000
CNA Neurology Riverbend$25,000
CNA Rrmc$28,000
CNA Medical South$23,000
CNA Medical Surgical$26,000
CNA CA State Prison$22,000
CNA Submit Info Today$22,000
CNA Sign UP Today$24,000
CNA Hospice$31,000
CNA Sign UP$23,000
Skilled Nursing Facility CNA$16,000
Correctional Prison Facility CNA$14,000
Acute Care CNA$15,000
Medical Assistant Family Practice$28,000

Information Source – (as of January 2015)

Other Benefits

Besides a lucrative salary package, the other perks obtained by certified nursing assistants include:

  • Vacation and personal days
  • Health insurance
  • Program
  • Retirement plans
  • Paid time off to give employees a break
  • Managed care coverage
  • Vision coverage
  • Bonuses
  • Flexible spending accounts

Job Outlook

In the U.S economy, 3 of every 10 jobs come under healthcare category. This field provides a promising and recession-proof career. The Bureau of Labor Statistics anticipates that the employment for certified nursing assistants will expand by 21% in the upcoming years which is comparatively greater than other occupations. However, you can take advanced courses to enhance the scope of your career. Besides, the jobs for CNAs may be a bit difficult in nursing homes since many of them rely on the government funding.

Just fill your information and find the nearest school in your state.

Click Here For Local Or Online Schools!


Question 1 I’ll be completing my certification next month, what hourly salary can I expect in the state?

Answer – The hourly salary of a certified nursing assistant in PA varies from $14 to $17.  Doylestown and Levittown provide the highest hourly pay.

Question 2 – Suggest me some top paying job titles in Pennsylvania.

Answer – In Pennsylvania, CNA Hospice is the highest paid professionals with annual salary of $31,000. Other top paid job titles include CNA Rrmc ($28,000), Medical Assistant Family Practice ($28,000), and CNA Medical Surgical ($26,000).