Find a CNA Class near you

CNA Salary In New Jersey

Nursing is, no doubt, a challenging job and that is why CNAs in NJ receive hefty packages. The survey conducted by the BLS revealed that the mean annual and per hour CNA salary in New Jersey was approximately $28,090 and $13.51, respectively. The state of New Jersey employed around 49,640 certified nursing assistants in the year 2013, and the employment per thousand jobs was approximately 12.99. According to, annual income of a nursing aide in NJ was $26,000 which was luckily 8 percent higher than the average CNA earnings nationally (as of January 2015).

Yearly CNA Salary in NJ on Different Percentile Brackets

The table below provides the details about the annual wages of Certified Nursing Assistants that is based on different percentile brackets:

Percentile BracketAnnual Wages

Information Source – The Bureau of Labor Statistics (as of May 2013)

  • 90% of CNAs made less than $36,780; 10% made more than $36,780.
  • 75% of certified nurse assistants were salaried less than $31,210; remaining 25% were paid more than $31,210.
  • 50% of the employees earned less than $27,410; rest 50% were waged more than $27,410.
  • 25% of CNAs were paid annual wages less than $23,840; 75% were paid more than $23,840.
  • 10% of employees were offered less than $21,070; 90% were offered more than $21,070.

Salary as per Geographical Location

As per the data in the below given table, CNAs working in Camden earned the lowest annual salary i.e. $32,355. The median monthly, weekly, and hourly salary in this city was $2,696, $622, and $16 respectively. The highest yearly income of $36,240 was provided by maximum number of cities, as of January 2015.

Name of the CityMedian Annual SalaryMedian Monthly SalaryMedian Weekly SalaryMedian Hourly Salary
Atlantic City$33,083$2,757$636$16
East Brunswick$36,240$3,020$697$17
East Orange$36,240$3,020$697$17
Jersey City$36,240$3,020$697$17
New Brunswick$36,240$3,020$697$17
Perth Amboy$36,240$3,020$697$17
Toms River$33,824$2,819$650$16
Union City$36,240$3,020$697$17
West New York$36,240$3,020$697$17
West Orange$36,240$3,020$697$17

Information Source – (as of January 2015)

Average Salary of Similar Job Titles in NJ

The position that a certified nursing assistant holds decides his/her salary. Like all other states, the highest paid professional is CNA Hospice, who received an annual salary of $34,000 (as of January 2015). Correctional Prison Facility CNA is the lowest paid job title receiving $16,000 yearly. The salaries of other professionals were between $17,000 and $32,000.

Let us find the best CNA CLasses in your state. Fill this.

Show schools near me

Job TitleSalary
CNA Medical South$26,000
CNA Hospice$34,000
CNA CA State Prison$25,000
Medical Assistant Family Practice$31,000
Acute Care CNA$17,000
Correctional Prison Facility CNA$16,000
CNA Submit Info Today$25,000
CNA Neurology Riverbend$29,000
CNA Sign UP$25,000
CNA Medical Surgical$29,000
Skilled Nursing Facility CNA$18,000
CNA Sign UP Today$27,000
CNA Rrmc$32,000
CNA Float Pool Riverbend$29,000

Information Source – (as of January 2015)

Other Benefits

The several benefits and perks provided to CNAs that enable them to lead a progressive and secure life are:

  • Family and medical leave
  • Bonus
  • Pension plans
  • Healthcare facilities
  • Medical coverage
  • Paid time off plans
  • Dental and vision insurance
  • Transit reimbursement incentive program

Job Outlook

Like other healthcare and nursing jobs, the employment of CNA is predicted to grow at a comparatively faster rate than the average in between the years 2012 and 2022. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, it is expected to rise by 21 percent which, in turn, generates several vacancies for aspirants. The demand for certified nursing assistants will be high in the upcoming years, primarily due to the growing advancements in the medical sector. Hence, those pursuing CNA Program courses will find enormous job opportunities.

Let us find the best CNA CLasses in your state. Fill this.

Show schools near me


Question 1 – Can anyone suggest me some of the top paid nursing assistant job titles in the state of New Jersey?

Answer – According to, CNA Hospice is the highest paid job title with an annual income of $34,000. Other job titles include CNA Rrmc ($32,000), Medical Assistant Family Practice ($31,000), CNA Float Pool Riverbend ($29,000), CNA Medical Surgical ($29,000), and CNA Neurology Riverbend ($29,000).

Question 2 – In NJ, what is the average salary of a nursing aide?

Answer – According to the, certified nursing assistants can expect an average yearly salary of $26,000.