Find a CNA Class near you

CNA Salary In Kentucky

Salary of a nursing assistant motivates him/her to offer the best services and to face challenges of this occupation.  As per the figures of the BLS (May 2013), around 24,350 nurse aides were employed in the state of Kentucky, and the employment per 1000 jobs was 13.66. The mean annual wage was projected to be approximately $23,290 while the mean hourly pay was analyzed to be about $11.20. As per the information submitted by indeed.com, the average CNA salary in KY, in January 2015, was $21,000. The average CNA income for job postings was 14% lower in Kentucky than other states in the country. Working location and experience of a nurse majorly affects the wage of a CNA.

Yearly CNA Salary in KY on Different Percentile Brackets

The table below gives a detailed view of the yearly salary in the state depending on various percentile brackets:

Percentile BracketAnnual Wages
90th$30,020
75th$26,690
50th$22,790
25th$19,990
10th$17,350

Information Source – The Bureau of Labor Statistics (as of May 2013)

  • 90% of CNAs made less than $30,020; 10% made more than $30,020.
  • 75% of certified nurse assistants received less than $26,690; the remaining 25% were paid more than $26,690.
  • 50% of the nurse aides earned less than $22,790; rest 50% received more than $22,790.
  • 25% of employees were offered annual wages less than $19,990; 75% were paid more than $19,990.
  • 10% of CNAs were salaried less than $17,350; 90% were offered more than $17,350.

Salary as per Geographical Location

Geographic location is an important factor that affects the salary of a nursing assistant. As of January 2015, the top paying city of KY was Covington with median annual salary of $26,073. On the contrary, Owensboro offered the lowest annual income of $23,341. The median hourly wages vary from $11 to $13.

Name of the CityMedian Annual SalaryMedian Monthly SalaryMedian Weekly SalaryMedian Hourly Salary
Bowling Green$23,478$1,956$451$11
Covington$26,073$2,173$501$13
Frankfort$25,523$2,127$491$12
Hopkinsville$24,006$2,001$462$12
Lexington$25,149$2,096$484$12
Louisville$25,547$2,129$491$12
Owensboro$23,341$1,945$449$11
Richmond$25,149$2,096$484$12

Information Source – salary.com (as of January 2015)

Salary of Professionals Holding Similar Job Designations

Apart from the geographic location, position is another major factor on which the salary of a CNA depends. There are numerous job titles in the nursing profession, and one can realize any of them. In January 2015, according to indeed.com, CNA Hospice was paid the highest salary, i.e. $27,000. Medical Assistant Family Practice and CNA Rrmc were paid $25,000. Nursing assistants were given between $13,000 and $23,000.

Let us find the best CNA CLasses in your state. Fill this.

Show schools near me

CNA Medical South$21,000
CNA CA State Prison$20,000
CNA Float Pool Riverbend$23,000
Skilled Nursing Facility CNA$15,000
Correctional Prison Facility CNA$13,000
CNA Rrmc$25,000
Acute Care CNA$14,000
CNA Sign UP Today$21,000
CNA Medical Surgical$23,000
CNA Neurology Riverbend$23,000
CNA Hospice$27,000
CNA Submit Info Today$20,000
CNA$21,000
CNA Sign UP$20,000
Medical Assistant Family Practice$25,000

Information Source – indeed.com (as of January 2015)

Other Benefits

To retain the highly skilled workforce, CNAs in Kentucky are entitled to receive the following benefits apart from their salary:

  • Vacations
  • Vision coverage
  • Annual bonus
  • Medical coverage
  • Personal time off
  • Retirement and pension plans
  • Paid holidays
  • Dental insurance
  • Maternity leaves

Job Outlook

A rise of 21 percent job opportunities is predicted to be offered to the qualified nursing assistants in the upcoming years. The demand of CNAs will decline only from the fact that many nursing homes still depend on the funds provided by the government. However, the mounting rates of a number of chronic conditions will certainly augment the demand.

Let us find the best CNA CLasses in your state. Fill this.

Show schools near me

FAQs

Question 1 – Can anyone suggest some of the best paying job titles in Kentucky?

Answer – In Kentucky, CNA Hospice receive the highest income of $27,000. Other top paying job titles are CNA Float Pool Riverbend, CNA Rrmc, CNA Medical Surgical, CNA Neurology Riverbend, and Medical Assistant Family Practice.

Question 2 – Currently, I am employed as a CNA in Washington, but planning to shift to Kentucky. How much income I can anticipate?

Answer – CNAs wishing to start their nursing career in the state of KY can expect an average annual pay of $21,000.