Find a Nursing School

CNA Salary In Alabama

According to the reports of the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the number of certified nurse assistants employed in the state of AL, in May 2013, was 21,030, and the employment per 1000 jobs was 11.40. The mean annual and hourly CNA salary in Alabama was $21,590 and $10.38, respectively. As per, in December 2014, the average pay of nursing assistants was $25,000, which was reported to be 1% higher than the national average. There can be variations in the salaries of nurse aides in different cities of AL depending on different factors- from population to the wide-ranging competitiveness in the market.

Get Your Degree!

Find schools and get information on the program that’s right for you.

Annual CNA Salary in AL on Different Percentile Brackets

The following table gives a complete view of the salary of certified nurse aides on different percentile brackets.

Percentile Bracket












Information Source – The Bureau of Labor Statistics (as of May 2013)

  • 90% of certified nurse assistants made less than $28,580; 10% made more than $28,580.
  • 75% of CNAs earned less than $23,890; the remaining 25% earned more than $23,890.
  • 50% of the nursing assistants made grossed earnings of less than $21,180; the rest 50% earned more than $21,180.
  • 25% of employees were paid annual wages less than $18,370; 75% were paid over $18,370.
  • 10% of employees were offered less than $16,560; 90% were offered above $16,560.

Salary as per Geographical Location

There are a wide number of factors that directly or indirectly affect the salary of CNAs. Some of them include your work profile, location, experience, education, and the industry. In May 2013, Huntsville, Madison and Tanner were counted among the top paying cities of AL, each of which offered $29,820 median annual salary, while the median hourly salary of these cities were $14 each. The city that offered the lowest pay was Georgiana with median annual and hourly salaries of $25,074 and $12, respectively.

Name of the City

Median Annual Salary

Median Monthly Salary

Median Weekly Salary

Median Hourly Salary







































































Information Source –

Average Salary of Similar Job Titles

As a certified nurse assistant, you get a wide variety of job opportunities. Different job positions include dissimilar salaries and varied job responsibilities. According to, in December 2014, CNA Hospice in Alabama earned the highest income, i.e., $32,000. In contrast, Correctional Prison Facility CNA was among the lowest earners with an average yearly salary of $15,000. Acute Care CNA and Skilled Nursing Facility CNA took home $6,000 and $17,000, respectively.

Just fill your information and find the nearest school in your state.

Get Started As A Registered Nurse Today!

CNA Float Pool Riverbend


Medical Assistant Family Practice


CNA Rrmc


CNA Submit Info Today


CNA CA State Prison


CNA Sign UP Today


Skilled Nursing Facility CNA




CNA Hospice


CNA Neurology Riverbend


Acute Care CNA


Correctional Prison Facility CNA


CNA Medical South




CNA Medical Surgical


Information Source – (as of December 2014)

Other Benefits

Along with handsome salary packages, certified nursing assistants also enjoy several other monetary and non-monetary benefits that include:

  • Travel benefits
  • Retirement plans
  • Health insurance
  • Disability insurance
  • Pension plans
  • Paid time-offs
  • Performance – based appraisals
  • Good overtime
  • Bonus

Job Outlook

According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), the employment opportunities for certified nurse aides are expected to grow by 21% between the year 2012 and 2022. This projected growth rate is much faster as compared to the other occupations. Potential nursing assistants can expect approximately 312,200 new job openings by the year 2022. The BLS anticipates that the home health services and community rehabilitation services will have the largest number of job opportunities.

Just fill your information and find the nearest school in your state.

Click Here For Local Or Online Schools!


Question 1 – What are the best paying nursing assistant jobs in the state of Alabama?

Answer – CNA Rrmc (according to, as of December 2014) is considered the topmost paying job title with the average annual income of $30,000.

Question 2 – What is the average salary a CNA can expect in Alabama?

Answer – CNAs can expect an average salary of $25K according to the reports provided by