Find a CNA Class near you

CNA Salary In Tennessee

According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the mean annual and hourly salary of CNAs in TN, as on May 2018, was $26,400 and $12.69 respectively. The number of nurse aides working in this year was 28,340 and the employment per 1000 jobs was 9.584. As per indeed.com, the average CNA salary in Tennessee was reported to be 10% lower than the average salaries nationwide. Thus, their average hourly salary amounted to $11.85 as of November 20, 2019.

Yearly CNA Salary in TN on Different Percentile Brackets

The annual wages of a certified nursing assistant in Tennessee on various percentile brackets is shown in the following table:

Percentile BracketAnnual Wages
90th$34,010
75th$29,870
50th$25,680
25th$22,310
10th$20,170

Source – BLS (as of May 2018)

  • 90% of CNAs made less than $34,010; 10% made more than $34,010.
  • 75% of certified nurse assistants received less than $29,870; remaining 25% earned more than $29,870.
  • 50% of the employees were paid less than $25,680; rest 50% earned more than $25,680.
  • 25% of CNAs were waged less than $22,310; 75% were waged more than $22,310.
  • 10% of employees were offered less than $20,170; 90% were offered more than $20,170.
Annual Salary on different Percentile Brackets in TN

Salary as per Geographical Location

After observing the table below, it can be concluded that the salaries of a certified nursing assistant varies in different cities of TN. Johnson City was the lowest paying city to these professionals, as of October 30, 2019. On the other hand, Hendersonville offered the highest salary in Tennessee.

Name of the CityAverage Annual Salary: Certified Nursing AssistantAverage Annual Salary: Nursing AssistantAverage Annual Salary: CNA – Nursing HomeAverage Annual Salary: CNA – Hospice
Chattanooga, TN$28,674$27,513$24,977$29,466
Clarksville, TN$28,589$27,431$24,903$29,378
Franklin, TN$29,390$28,199$25,600$30,201
Germantown, TN$29,399$28,208$25,608$30,210
Hendersonville, TN$29,449$28,256$25,652$30,262
Jackson, TN$29,251$28,066$25,479$30,058
Johnson City, TN$27,680$26,599$24,111$28,444
Kingsport, TN$27,784$26,659$24,202$28,551
Knoxville, TN$29,403$28.212$25,612$30,215
Memphis, TN$29,473$28,279$25.673$20,287
Murfreesboro, TN$29,271$28,085$25,497$30,079
Nashville, TN$29,494$28,299$25,691$30,308

Source – salary.com as of October 30, 2019 (CNA, NA, CNA Nursing Home, CNA Hospice)

Average Salary of Similar Job Titles in TN

Professionals, who worked as CNA Hospice, managed to earn $29,000 in January 2015. CNA Rrmc and Medical Assistant Family Practice made $27,000. Correctional Prison Facility CNA earned the lowest income, i.e. $14,000.

Job TitleSalary
CNA Float Pool Riverbend$24,000
CNA Neurology Riverbend$24,000
CNA Rrmc$27,000
CNA Medical South$22,000
CNA Medical Surgical$25,000
CNA CA State Prison$22,000
CNA Submit Info Today$21,000
CNA Sign UP Today$23,000
CNA Hospice$29,000
CNA Sign UP$22,000
Skilled Nursing Facility CNA$16,000
Correctional Prison Facility CNA$14,000
Acute Care CNA$15,000
CNA$22,000
Medical Assistant Family Practice$27,000

Information Source – indeed.com (as of January, 2015)

Other Benefits

A number of extra benefits are provided to the certified nursing assistants, in order to assist them financially as well as socially.  These benefits may include the following –

  • Medical coverage
  • Program
  • Bonus
  • Continued health insurance
  • Dental and vision insurance
  • Vacation and personal days
  • Prescription drug plans
  • Certain types of disability
  • Pension plans

Job Outlook

In between 2012 and 2022, around 312,200 new positions will be generated for nurse aide aspirants. As indicated by the BLS, the job opportunities for certified nursing assistants are projected to grow by 21 percent in these years. There is a huge demand for health care services in the long-term care facilities due to growing elderly population. However, demand of CNAs may be constrained, as a number of nursing homes rely on government funding.

FAQs

Question 1 – Presently, I am working as a CNA in the Murfreesboro city of TN, and planning to move to Hendersonville. Is there any difference in the annual salaries offered in these cities?

Answer – Yes. There is a huge salary difference between both these cities. Generally, CNAs working in Hendersonville city earn an annual salary of $29,038.

Question 2 – Can anyone suggest me a few highest paying job titles in the state of Tennessee?

Answer – In Tennessee, the highest paying job title is CNA Hospice, who earn an annual salary of $29,000.  Other highest paying job titles are Medical Assistant Family Practice ($27,000), CNA Rrmc ($27,000), and CNA Medical Surgical ($25,000).