Find a CNA Class near you

CNA Salary In Washington

According to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics, the number of certified nursing assistants employed in the state of Washington, in May 2018, was 32,690. The average CNA salary in Virginia was $32,130 per annum and $15.45 per hour. Employment per 1000 jobs was about 10.031. As per the data of, average nurse aide pay in WA was $15.91 per hour, as of November 21, 2019. These figures were 21% percent higher as compared to the average salaries for job postings on a national scale.

Yearly CNA Salary in WA on Different Percentile Brackets

The table shown below gives a detailed view of the annual CNA income in Washington based on different percentile brackets:

Percentile BracketAnnual Wages

Source – BLS (as of May 2018)

  • 90% of CNAs were offered less than $39,980; 10% were compensated more than $39,980.
  • 75% of certified nurse assistants were provided less than $36,160; remaining 25% were salaried more than $36,160.
  • 50% of the employees made less than $31,220; the rest 50% earned more than $31,220.
  • 25% of CNAs were paid annual wages less than $27,690; 75% were paid more than $27,690.
  • 10% of employees were waged less than $25,600; 90% were remunerated with an amount more than $25,600.
Annual Salary on different Percentile Brackets in WA

Salary as per Geographical Location

There is not much variation in the salaries of certified nursing assistants in the various cities of Washington. The cities providing the highest income were Bellevue and Seattle, as of October 30, 2019 by On the other hand, Yakima is the lowest paying city in Washington state.

Name of the CityAverage Annual Salary: Certified Nursing AssistantAverage Annual Salary: Nursing AssistantAverage Annual Salary: CNA – Nursing HomeAverage Annual Salary: CNA – Hospice
Auburn, WA$33,907$32,533$29,534$34,842
Bellevue, WA$34,794$33,384$30,308$35,754
Bellingham, WA$32,472$31,157$28,285$33,369
Bremerton, WA$34,349$32,957$29,920$35,297
Everett, WA$34,031$32,652$29,643$34,970
Federal Way, WA$33,907$32,533$29,534$34,842
Kennewick, WA$31,811$30,522$27,709$32,689
Kent, WA$33,839$32,468$29,475$34,773
Lacey, WA$32,733$31,407$28,512$33,637
Lakewood, WA$33,907$32,533$29,534$34,842
Marysville, WA$34,031$32,652$29,643$34,970
Olympia, WA$32,733$31,407$28,512$33,637
Pasco, WA$31,530$30,252$27,464$32,400
Renton, WA$34,760$33,352$30,278$35,719
Richland, WA$31,604$30,324$27,529$32,476
Seattle, WA$34,794$33,384$30,308$35,754
Spokane, WA$31,550$30,272$27,482$32,421
Tacoma, WA$33,907$32,533$29,534$34,842
Vancouver, WA$33,157$31,814$28,882$34,072
Yakima, WA$31,479$30,204$27,420$32,348

Source – as of October 30, 2019 (CNA, NA, CNA Nursing Home, CNA Hospice)

Average Salary of Similar Job Titles in WA

In the nursing field, the highest paid professionals, as per, were CNA Hospice, who earned $33,000. They were followed by CNA Rrmc and Medical Assistant Family Practice, who were salaried $30,000 per annum. CNA Medical Surgical got $28,000 per annum. Of all, the lowest earners were Correctional Prison Facility CNA, who took home $15,000.

Featured Nursing Schools Near You

Job TitleSalary
CNA Float Pool Riverbend$27,000
CNA Neurology Riverbend$27,000
CNA Rrmc$30,000
CNA Medical South$25,000
CNA Medical Surgical$28,000
CNA CA State Prison$24,000
CNA Submit Info Today$24,000
CNA Sign UP Today$26,000
CNA Hospice$33,000
CNA Sign UP$24,000
Skilled Nursing Facility CNA$18,000
Correctional Prison Facility CNA$15,000
Acute Care CNA$17,000
Medical Assistant Family Practice$30,000

Information Source – (as of January 2015)

Other Benefits

Apart from the salary, certified nursing assistants get diverse monetary as well as non-monetary benefits. These advantages are enlisted below:

  • Paid holidays
  • Pension plans
  • Health insurance
  • Maternity leaves
  • Family and medical leave
  • Bonus
  • Vision and dental plans

Employment Outlook of CNAs

The job outlook for certified nursing assistants is great in the forthcoming years. Since the population of senior citizens is growing in the state, the demand for nurse aides is likely to increase in the healthcare sector. The reports of Bureau of Labor Statistics indicate an increase of 21 percent in the upcoming years.


Question 1 – Presently, I am working as a certified nursing assistant in the Olympia city of WA, but planning to move to Pasco city in a couple of months. Is there any salary difference in these cities?

Answer – In both the cities, the median hourly salary of CNAs is equal i.e. $15, but the annual salaries provided in these cities vary slightly. The annual pay of nurse aides in Olympia ($31,633) is higher than Pasco ($30,394).

Question 2 – Can anyone tell me some highest paying job titles in the state of Washington?

Answer – In Washington, the highest paying job titles include CNA Hospice ($33,000), Medical Assistant Family Practice ($30,000), CNA Rrmc ($30,000), and CNA Medical Surgical ($28,000).