Find a CNA Class near you

CNA Salary In Connecticut

As reported by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), the mean annual and hourly CNA salary in Connecticut, in May 2013, was $31,950 and $15.36, respectively. In the same year, employment per thousand jobs for individuals working in this profession was estimated to be around 13.37, which indicates that 21,860 nursing assistants were employed in the state of CT. Connecticut was the fourth top paying state in the U.S. for this occupation. The average income of nurse aides in December 2014 as per was $28,000. Fortunately, the pay was 15% higher as compared to other job postings nationwide.

Annual RN Salary in CT on Different Percentile Brackets

The table given below shows the earnings of a CNA at different percentile levels.

Percentile BracketWages

Information Source – The Bureau of Labor Statistics (as of May 2013)

From the above table, we can conclude the following:

  • 90% of employees made less than $40,570; 10% made more than $40,570.
  • 75% of CNAs earned less than $36,010; the remaining 25% earned more than $36,010.
  • 50% of the certified nurse assistants were remunerated at less than $31,030; the rest of 50% were remunerated at more than $31,030.
  • 25% of CNAs were paid less than $27,340 per annum; 75% were paid more than $27,340 per annum.
  • 10% of employees took home less than $25,160; 90% took home more than $25,160.

Salary as per Geographical Location

Salary calculations of a certified nursing assistant fluctuate as per their working location. The maximum median annual salary in CT was $34,339, which was offered by Norwalk, Greenwich, and Stamford. The median monthly salary offered by the same states was $2,839 (as of December 2014). On contrary, the minimum median pay was $32,138 per annum, which was paid by Bristol, Hartford, East Hartford, Meriden, Manchester, Waterbury, New Britain, and West Hartford. The median monthly and hourly salaries ranged from $2,678 to $2,862; and $15 to $17, respectively.

Name of the CityMedian Annual SalaryMedian Monthly SalaryMedian Weekly SalaryMedian Hourly Salary
Bridgeport $34,069$2,839$655$16
East Hartford$32,138$2,678$618$15
New Britain$32,138$2,678$618$15
New Haven$34,069$2,839$655$16
New London$32,908$2,742$633$16
West Hartford$32,138$2,678$618$15
West Haven$34,069$2,839$655$16

Information Source – (as of December 2014)

Salary of Professionals with Similar Job Designations in CT

The nursing sector in the United States is very vast and consists of a number of job titles. Each title signifies different work and necessitates different education. As the position in the organizational chart increases, the salary of CNAs also increases accordingly. In December 2014, the state offered $37,000 to the CNA Hospice, $34,000 to the CNA Rrmc and Medical Assistant Family Practice, $30,000 to the CNA Float Pool Riverbend and CNA Neurology Riverbend. The paycheck of professionals with other similar job titles fluctuated from $17,000 to $31,000.

Featured Nursing Schools Near You

Job TitleSalary
CNA Rrmc$34,000
CNA Float Pool Riverbend$30,000
CNA Neurology Riverbend$30,000
CNA Medical South$28,000
CNA Medical Surgical$31,000
CNA CA State Prison$27,000
CNA Submit Info Today$27,000
CNA Sign UP Today$29,000
CNA Hospice$37,000
Correctional Prison Facility CNA$17,000
Skilled Nursing Facility CNA$20,000
CNA Sign UP$27,000
Medical Assistant Family Practice$34,000
Acute Care CNA$18,000

Information Source – (as of December, 2014)

Other Benefits

Apart from salary benefits, there are several other advantages offered to the CNAs. Some of them are:

  • Health insurance
  • Maternity leaves
  • Sick leaves
  • Pension plans
  • Paid leaves
  • Financial aid for pursuing further education
  • Performance based appraisals
  • Bonus

Job Outlook

According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, one can expect a growth of 21% in the employment of CNAs, between 2012 and 2022. Home health services and community rehabilitation services are anticipated to be the best employers for these professionals. However, because of government funding, it will be a little bit difficult to find a job in nursing homes. Overall, excellent growth opportunities and handsome salary package is projected for the potential nurse aides.


Question 1 – Can anyone suggest me some of the best paying nursing assistant jobs in the state of Connecticut?

Answer – CNA Hospice is one of the highest paid job titles in CT with the annual income of $37000 (according to, as of December2014). Other best paid job designations are CNA Rrmc and Medical Assistant Family Practice.

Question 2 – I am a nursing assistant in Connecticut. How much income can I expect in the state?

Answer – If you are a nursing assistant in CT, you can expect an average annual pay of $28000 (according to the reports of the