Find a CNA Class near you

CNA Salary In Iowa

According to indeed.com, the average salary of a certified nursing assistant in Iowa was $24,000 (as of December 2014). The number of CNAs employed in IA in May 2013 was 23,680, as per the data of the Bureau of Labor Statistics. The mean annual and hourly wages were $25,310 and $12.17, respectively. Employment per 1000 jobs was 15.88. The average salary of a CNA for the job postings was 2% lower than the average CNA wages all over the country.

Yearly CNA Income in IA on Different Percentile Brackets

The table below exhibits the annual wages of nursing assistants on different percentile brackets:

Percentile BracketAnnual Wages
90th$33,630
75th$28,310
50th$23,810
25th$21,310
10th$19,770

Information Source – The Bureau of Labor Statistics (as of May 2013)

  • 90% of CNAs made less than $33,630; 10% made more than $33,630.
  • 75% of certified nurse assistants offered less than $28,310; the remaining 25% offered more than $28,310.
  • 50% of the employees earned less than $23,810; the rest of 50% earned more than $23,810.
  • 25% were waged less than $21,310; 75% were waged more than $21,310.
  • 10% of CNAs were paid less than $19,770; 90% were offered more than $19,770.

Salary as per Geographical Location

One of the important factors that affect the salary of a CNA is the geographical location. In Iowa, the cities with the maximum median annual salary ($29,430) were Ankeny, Des Moines, Urbandale, and West Des Moines. According to salary.com, the lowest paying city was Ames, with median annual salary of $24,936 and median monthly salary of $2,078. The median weekly wages in the state ranged from $480 to $566, and median hourly salary fluctuates from $12 to $14.

Name of the CityMedian Annual SalaryMedian Monthly SalaryMedian Weekly SalaryMedian Hourly Salary
Ames$24,936$2,078$480$12
Ankeny$29,430$2,453$566$14
Cedar Falls$25,633$2,136$493$12
Cedar Rapids$27,708$2,309$533$13
Council Bluffs$29,031$2,419$558$14
Davenport$27,797$2,316$535$13
Des Moines$29,430$2,453$566$14
Dubuque$25,522$2,127$491$12
Iowa City$27,708$2,309$533$13
Sioux City$23,929$1,994$460$12
Urbandale$29,430$2,453$566$14
Waterloo$25,633$2,136$493$12
West Des Moines$29,430$2,453$566$14

Information Source – salary.com (as of December 2014)

Income of Professionals with Similar Job Designations

Here is a list of all job postings that are common in the nursing field. According to indeed.com, in December 2014, CNA Hospice earned the maximum income, i.e. $31,000, while Correctional Prison Facility CNA was paid the lowest. The annual wages for similar designations is given in a tabular form:

Let us find the best CNA CLasses in your state. Fill this.

Show schools near me

CNA Medical South$23,000
CNA CA State Prison$23,000
CNA Float Pool Riverbend$26,000
Skilled Nursing Facility CNA$17,000
Correctional Prison Facility CNA$15,000
CNA Rrmc$29,000
Acute Care CNA$16,000
CNA Sign UP Today$24,000
CNA Medical Surgical$27,000
CNA Neurology Riverbend$26,000
CNA Hospice$31,000
CNA Submit Info Today$23,000
CNA$24,000
CNA Sign UP$23,000
Medical Assistant Family Practice$28,000

Information Source – indeed.com (as of December 2014)

Other Benefits

To uphold the enthusiasm among nursing professionals, several benefits are provided to them, in addition to the salary package. Some of these benefits are:

  • Bonus
  • Healthcare facilities
  • Social Security
  • Pension
  • Long-term disability insurance
  • Family and medical leave
  • Retirement plans
  • Health insurance
  • Paid vacation and sick leaves
  • Dental insurance

Job Outlook

As per the statistics provided by the BLS, the job opportunities for nursing assistants are expected to grow by 21 percent in the forthcoming years. Therefore, CNA applicants will be able to avail a total of 312,200 new job positions by 2022. This expected growth is comparatively higher than all other occupations in USA. It has been predicted that the home health services and community rehabilitation services will provide the best job opportunities to the nurse aides.

Let us find the best CNA CLasses in your state. Fill this.

Show schools near me

FAQs

Question 1 – I will start working as a CNA in a couple of months. Can anyone tell me some of the best paid job titles?

Answer – In Iowa, CNA Hospice, CNA Rrmc, Medical Assistant Family Practice, CNA Medical Surgical are a few job titles that earned maximum annual wages.

Question 2 – How much money does a certified nurse aide make in Iowa?

Answer – According to indeed.com, the average salary of a CNA in the state of IA is $24,000 (as of December 2014).