Find a CNA Class near you

CNA Salary In Rhode Island

As per the Bureau of Labor Statistics, Rhode Island has the highest concentration of jobs since 9,870 CNAs were employed in May 2013. The employment per 1000 jobs was 21.63. The mean yearly and hourly CNA salary in RI was $28,750 and $13.82 respectively. The income of nurse aides depends on the employer and fluctuates accordingly. The records of state that certified nursing assistants earn an average $22,000 as of Jan, 2015. These figures were 9 percent less than the mean salaries for job postings nationwide. Geographically, RI is a small place. However, job prospects for a nursing aspirant are enormous in the state.

Yearly CNA Salary in RI on Different Percentile Brackets

The yearly salary of nurse aides in Rhode Island on different percentile brackets is as follows:

Percentile BracketAnnual Wages

Information Source – The Bureau of Labor Statistics (as of May 2013)

  • 90% of CNAs made less than $37,490; 10% made more than $37,490.
  • 75% of certified nurse assistants paid less than $32,600; remaining 25% were paid more than $32,600.
  • 50% of the employees earned less than $28,030; rest 50% earned more than $28,030.
  • 25% were salaried less than $24,740; 75% were salaried more than $24,740.
  • 10% of employees were waged less than $21,440; 90% were waged more than $21,440.

Salary as per Geographical Location

As per the figures provided by, the maximum number of cities in RI offered the median annual and monthly salary of $32,284 and $2,690 respectively. Newport offered CNAs the highest annual salary of $32,521 whereas Narragansett paid the lowest income of $32,177.

Name of the CityMedian Annual SalaryMedian Monthly SalaryMedian Weekly SalaryMedian Hourly Salary

Information Source – (as of January 2015)

Average Salary of Similar Job Titles in RI

The job title that a CNA holds majorly affects his/her salary. In the state of Rhode Island, the highest paid job title is CNA Hospice with annual income of $29,000. Correctional Prison Facility CNA is the lowest paid professionals with annual income of $14,000. The various job titles along with their respective salary are shown in the following table:

Featured Nursing Schools Near You

Job TitleSalary
CNA Float Pool Riverbend$24,000
CNA Neurology Riverbend$24,000
CNA Rrmc$27,000
CNA Medical South$22,000
CNA Medical Surgical$25,000
CNA CA State Prison$21,000
CNA Submit Info Today$21,000
CNA Sign UP Today$23,000
CNA Hospice$29,000
CNA Sign UP$21,000
Skilled Nursing Facility CNA$15,000
Correctional Prison Facility CNA$14,000
Acute Care CNA$15,000
Medical Assistant Family Practice$26,000

Information Source – (as of January 2015)

Other Benefits

The main purpose of providing extra benefits to the certified nursing assistants is enhancing their financial security which, in turn, raises their living standard. Some of these benefits include –

  • Short-term disability
  • Dental plans
  • Flexible spending accounts
  • Family and medical leave
  • Vacation and personal days
  • Health insurance
  • Program
  • Retirement plans
  • Paid time off

Job Outlook

Since the medical field is growing rapidly, there is an increased demand of nurse aides. The job of a CNA strengthens the foundation for a nursing career. The Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that the escalating admissions in the nursing home facilities and the need of healthcare professionals for the elderly population will surely result into new jobs. According to the BLS, the employment rate for certified nursing assistants is expected to expand at a faster pace than the average profession, with a boost of 21 % in between 2012 and 2022.


Question 1 – Is there a lot of difference in the annual salaries of CNAs in the various cities of Rhode Island?

Answer – The difference in the annual salaries between the various cities of Rhode Island is very minimal. Maximum cities provide $32,284 as annual salary to the CNAs.

Question 2 – Is it true that the job titles affect the salaries of CNAs in RI?

Answer – Yes. Job titles do affect the salaries of a CNA. In Rhode Island, the highest paid job title is CNA Hospice ($29,000). Other top paid job titles include CNA Rrmc ($27,000) and Medical Assistant Family Practice ($26,000).