Find a CNA Class near you

CNA Salary In Nevada

Certified nurse assistant in Nevada probably earn hourly and annually mean wage of $15.45 and $32,130 respectively, according to the information given by the US Bureau of Labor Statistics, as of May 2013. In the same year, the state employed 4,770 CNAs and employment per 1,000 jobs was 4.14. Average annual CNA salary in NV, in January 2015, according to the figures provided by was $19,000, which was 24% lower than the average salary of a nurse aide for job postings nationally.

Yearly CNA Salary in NV on Different Percentile Brackets

The table below reveals the income of a nursing assistant on different percentile brackets:

Percentile BracketAnnual Wages

Information Source – The Bureau of Labor Statistics (as of May 2013)

  • 90% of CNAs made less than $44,670; 10% made more than $44,670.
  • 75% of certified nurse assistants earned less than $37,100; the remaining 25% earned more than $37,100.
  • 50% of the employees earned less than $30,850; the rest 50% earned more than $30,850.
  • 25% of CNAs were paid annual wages less than $26,030; 75% were paid more than $26,030.
  • 10% of employees were offered less than $22,410; 90% were offered more than $22,410.

Salary as per Geographical Location

Cost of living and geographical location are some of the major factors that significantly affect the CNA salary. The table shown below consist the salary details of different cities of Nevada. The highest median annual pay was offered by Carson City, i.e. $31,786 while the lowest Median annual salary was provided by Reno, Sparks and Sun Valley, i.e. $30,498. The median hourly salary of all the cities in NV was $15, as per the figures provided by

Name of the CityMedian Annual SalaryMedian Monthly SalaryMedian Weekly SalaryMedian Hourly Salary
Carson City$31,786$2,649$611$15
Las Vegas$30,643$2,554$589$15
North Las Vegas$30,643$2,554$589$15
Sun Valley$30,498$2,542$587$15

Information Source – (as of January 2015)

Salary of Professionals Holding Similar Designations in NV

There are a number of job titles in Nevada. According to the below table, CNA Hospice were the highest paid professionals with a salary of $24,000 while Skilled Nursing Facility CNA received the lowest income of $13,000.

Featured Nursing Schools Near You

Job TitleSalary
CNA Medical South$18,000
CNA Hospice$24,000
CNA CA State Prison$18,000
Medical Assistant Family Practice$22,000
Acute Care CNA$12,000
Correctional Prison Facility CNA$11,000
CNA Submit Info Today$17,000
CNA Neurology Riverbend$20,000
CNA Sign UP$18,000
CNA Medical Surgical$21,000
Skilled Nursing Facility CNA$13,000
CNA Sign UP Today$19,000
CNA Rrmc$22,000
CNA Float Pool Riverbend$20,000

Information Source – (as of January 2015)

Other Benefits

The certified nursing assistants are entitled to get a number of extra benefits for their safety and wellbeing. These benefits include the following –

  • Vision coverage
  • Dental plans
  • Short-term disability
  • Flexible spending accounts
  • Prescription drug plans
  • Employee (personal) assistance programs
  • Indemnity or the Fee-for-service coverage
  • Point-of-service plans

Job Outlook

The high demand of healthcare professionals for elderly people can raise the job opportunities of certified nursing assistants. This projected growth rate is likely to create 312,200 new positions by 2022, i.e., the rise of approximately 21 percent over the 2012-2022 decade, according to the BLS reports.


Question 1 – What is the annual salary range in the different cities of Nevada?

Answer – In NV, the annual salary range is $30,643 to $31,786 with the maximum number of cities providing an income of $30,643 per annum.

Question 2 – Suggest me some top paying job titles in the state?

Answer – CNA Hospice is the topmost paying job title that provides a salary of $24,000 to the CNAs. Other job titles include CNA Rrmc ($22,000), Medical Assistant Family Practice ($22,000) and CNA Medical Surgical ($21,000).