Find a Nursing School

CNA Salary In New Mexico

As per the data provided by the BLS, the average annual and per hour CNA salary in New Mexico was $26,010 and $12.51 respectively, in May 2013. The total number of CNAs employed by the state was 5,670. Employment per 1000 jobs was 7.23. According to the information provided by (as of January 2015), the average salary of nursing aides in NM was $21,000 which turned out to be 13% lower than the average salaries of these employees for job postings all over the country. Facilities such as home health, nursing home, etc., provide less salary in the starting; however, after gaining a valuable work experience, you can expect a heavy paycheck.

Get Your Degree!

Find schools and get information on the program that’s right for you.

Annual CNA Salary in NM on Different Percentile Brackets

The table gives details of certified nursing assistants in New Mexico based on different percentile brackets.

Percentile BracketAnnual Wages

Information Source – The Bureau of Labor Statistics (as of May 2013)

  • 90% of CNAs were waged less than $35,490; 10% were offered more than $35,490.
  • 75% of certified nurse assistants earned less than $29,490; remaining 25% earned more than $29,490.
  • 50% of the employees made less than $24,550; rest 50% received more than $24,550.
  • 25% of CNAs were paid annual wages less than $21,250; 75% were paid more than $21,250.
  • 10% of employees were salaried less than $18,930; 90% were salaried more than $18,930.

Salary as per Geographical Location

As per the figures provided by, Rio Rancho and Albuquerque offered the highest salary to CNAs while Roswell remunerated nurse aides with the lowest amount. The median annual salary in New Mexico ranged from $28,313 to $17,258. If you wish to work in NM, have a look at the complete salary details of CNAs employed by the state.

Name of the CityMedian Annual SalaryMedian Monthly SalaryMedian Weekly SalaryMedian Hourly Salary
Las Cruces$24,527$2,044$472$12
Rio Rancho$28,313$2,359$544$14
Santa Fe$27,416$2,285$527$13
Sunland Park$25,864$2,155$497$12

Information Source – (as of January 2015)

Average Salary of Similar Job Titles in NM

The earnings of CNAs primarily depend upon the designation they hold.  In January 2015, the state offered $28,000 to the CNA Hospice, $26,000 to CNA Rrmc. Salaries of other personnel’s range from $13,000 to $25,000.

Just fill your information and find the nearest school in your state.

Get Started As A Registered Nurse Today!

Job TitleSalary
CNA Float Pool Riverbend$23,000
CNA Neurology Riverbend$23,000
CNA Rrmc$26,000
CNA Medical South$21,000
CNA Medical Surgical$24,000
CNA CA State Prison$20,000
CNA Submit Info Today$20,000
CNA Sign UP Today$22,000
CNA Hospice$28,000
CNA Sign UP$20,000
Skilled Nursing Facility CNA$15,000
Correctional Prison Facility CNA$13,000
Acute Care CNA$14,000
Medical Assistant Family Practice$25,000

Information Source – (as of January 2015)

Other Benefits

The benefits offered to the certified nursing assistants are mentioned below:

  • Medical coverage
  • Paid time off from work
  • Prescription drug plans
  • Retirement plans
  • Health insurance
  • Dental and vision insurance
  • Healthcare benefits
  • Certain types of disability
  • Job-protection
  • Program, vacation and personal days

Job Outlook

The employment outlook of certified nursing assistants is predicted to rise by 21 percent, as per the reports stated by the BLS. The job outlook of CNA in state till 2016, on a whole, fluctuates between 11% (in South) to 30 % (in North).  If a nurse aide holds specialization degree in fields like emergency medicine or geriatrics, then job security is slightly better. Assistants, who are aware of the new standards and latest technology will find jobs more easily.

Just fill your information and find the nearest school in your state.

Click Here For Local Or Online Schools!


Question 1 – I’m planning to move to the state of New Mexico in a couple of years, what average salary can I expect working as a CNA?

Answer – As per the data provided by the, the certified nursing assistants can expect an average salary of $21,000 per annum.

Question 2 – I’ll be completing my certification next month, I was wondering if anyone knows the highest paying job titles.

Answer – The highest paying job title in the state of New Mexico is CNA Hospice with an annual salary of $28,000. Other job titles paying good salary include Medical Assistant Family Practice ($25,000), CNA Rrmc ($26,000), CNA Medical Surgical ($24,000), CNA Neurology Riverbend ($23,000), and CNA Float Pool Riverbend ($23,000).