Find a CNA Class near you

CNA Salary In Ohio

The state of Ohio employed about 69,390 nursing assistants, in the year 2013, providing an annual and hourly salary of $24,700 and 11.87 respectively, as per the statistics given by US Bureau of Labor Statistics. Employment per thousand jobs was recorded to be 13.54. The average CNA salary in the state was 4 % lower as compared to the average salaries all over the country. The CNA salary in OH was $23,000 as reported by as of January 2015.

Yearly CNA Salary in OH on Different Percentile Brackets

The figures shown in the table give an outline of the certified nursing assistant salary on different percentile brackets.

Percentile BracketAnnual Wages

Information Source – The Bureau of Labor Statistics (as of May 2013)

  • 90% of CNAs made less than $31,920; 10% made more than $31,920.
  • 75% of certified nurse assistants offered less than $28,150; the remaining 25% earned more than $28,150.
  • 50% were waged less than $23,740; rest 50% salaried more than $23,740.
  • 25% of CNAs were paid annual wages less than $20,930; 75% were paid more than $20,930.
  • 10% of employees were offered less than $18,860; 90% were offered more than $18,860.

Salary as per Geographical Location

The income of a certified nursing assistant can be affected by a number of aspects, which includes the education level of nurse and the working location. As per the data provided by, Cleveland and Euclid offered the highest payment to the CNAs. The median annual and monthly salaries in these cities were $30,634 and $2,553 as of Jan 2015. Portsmouth paid very less ($27,745).

Name of the CityMedian Annual SalaryMedian Monthly SalaryMedian Weekly SalaryMedian Hourly Salary
Cuyahoga Falls$29,269$2,439$563$14

Information Source – (as of January 2015)

Average Salary of Similar Job Titles in OH

With the increasing demand of certified nursing assistants, they are offered hefty packages. Thus, the salary of a CNA may vary according to the designation. In Ohio, CNA Hospice was paid the highest salary, i.e. $30,000 while Correctional Prison Facility CNA comes under lowest salaried professionals with an income of $14,000. The other professionals were paid between $15,000 and $28,000.

Featured Nursing Schools Near You

Job TitleSalary
CNA Float Pool Riverbend$25,000
CNA Neurology Riverbend$25,000
CNA Rrmc$28,000
CNA Medical South$23,000
CNA Medical Surgical$26,000
CNA CA State Prison$22,000
CNA Submit Info Today$22,000
CNA Sign UP Today$24,000
CNA Hospice$30,000
CNA Sign UP$22,000
Skilled Nursing Facility CNA$16,000
Correctional Prison Facility CNA$14,000
Acute Care CNA$15,000
Medical Assistant Family Practice$28,000

Information Source – (as of January, 2015)

Other Benefits

The certified nursing assistants get various extra benefits for their well-being. These benefits are –

  • Paid time off plans
  • Family and medical leave
  • Health insurance
  • Retirement plans
  • Insurance intended to safeguard finances
  • Program
  • Lifestyle benefits and perks
  • Short-term disability
  • Flexible spending accounts
  • Vision coverage

Job Outlook

The BLS expects the job growth of certified nursing assistants to rise by 21 percent in the coming years. The growing rates of numerous chronic ailments will certainly increase their demand. In addition, CNAs will also be needed to take care of the elderly patients in various nursing homes. The demand may only be constrained by the fact that a number of nursing homes are still dependent on the government funding.


Question 1What hourly salary can I expect in the state of Ohio?

Answer – The hourly salary in the state ranges from $13 to $15 in the various cities of Ohio.

Question 2Can anyone tell me some top paid job titles in OH?

Answer – In Ohio, CNA Hospice is the highest paid job title with an annual salary of $30,000. Other job titles are CNA Rrmc ($28,000), CNA Medical Surgical ($26,000), and Medical Assistant Family Practice ($28,000).