Find a CNA Class near you

CNA Salary In West Virginia

The state of West Virginia provides good salary package to the working CNAs in this state. Average CNA salary in West Virginia was 6 percent lower as compared to the nationwide average CNA earnings, in January 2015 (as per indeed.com). This site reported that the average yearly income of these professionals was approximately $23,000. As per the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the mean salary of certified nursing assistants, in May 2013, was $22,440 per annum whereas the mean hourly wages was $10.79. Around 7,750 nursing aides were employed in the state which indicates that employment per 1000 jobs was 10.92.

Yearly CNA Salary in WV on Different Percentile Brackets

The annual income of a CNA in West Virginia based on different percentile brackets is shown in the table:

Percentile BracketAnnual Wages
90th$29,740
75th$24,680
50th$21,810
25th$19,000
10th$16,850


Information Source – The Bureau of Labor Statistics (as of May 2013)

  • 90% of CNAs received less than $29,740; 10% made more than $29,740.
  • 75% of certified nurse assistants managed to earn less than $24,680; remaining 25% earned more than $24,680.
  • 50% of the employees were remunerated with an amount less than $21,810; rest 50% were salaried more than $21,810.
  • 25% of CNAs were paid annual wages less than $19,000; 75% were waged more than $19,000.
  • 10% of employees were offered less than $16,850; 90% were offered more than $16,850.

Salary as per Geographical Location

According to salary.com, Huntington city offered the lowest income in West Virginia with median annual, monthly, hourly and weekly salary of $25,725, $2,144, $12, and $495, respectively. Morgantown was the highest paying city with median annual pay of $28,332 and hourly pay of $14.

Name of the CityMedian Annual SalaryMedian Monthly SalaryMedian Weekly SalaryMedian Hourly Salary
Charleston$26,982$2,249$519$13
Huntington$25,725$2,144$495$12
Morgantown$28,332$2,361$545$14
Parkersburg$26,592$2,216$511$13
Wheeling$28,304$2,359$544$14

Information Source – salary.com (as of January 2015)

Average Salary of Similar Job Titles in WV

The following table gives a detailed view of the various job titles along with their corresponding salaries. CNA Hospice earned $30,000 per annum while CNA Rrmc made $28,000. CNA Float Pool Riverbend and CNA Neurology Riverbend made 25,000. Medical Assistant Family Practice made $27,000 per annum. Correctional Prison Facility CNA received the lowest annual income of $14,000 in WV.

Job TitleSalary
CNA Float Pool Riverbend$25,000
CNA Neurology Riverbend$25,000
CNA Rrmc$28,000
CNA Medical South$23,000
CNA Medical Surgical$26,000
CNA CA State Prison$22,000
CNA Submit Info Today$22,000
CNA Sign UP Today$23,000
CNA Hospice$30,000
CNA Sign UP$22,000
Skilled Nursing Facility CNA$16,000
Correctional Prison Facility CNA$14,000
Acute Care CNA$15,000
CNA$23,000
Medical Assistant Family Practice$27,000

Information Source – indeed.com (as of January 2015)

Other Benefits

Among the numerous extra benefits received by a certified nursing assistant, some of them are:

  • Flexible spending accounts
  • Employee (personal) assistance programs
  • Short-term disability
  • Types of medical insurance
  • Paid time off
  • Dental and vision plans
  • Pension
  • Health insurance
  • Retirement plans

Job Outlook

Due to the growing demand of healthcare services for the elderly population, the job opportunities for a CNA are predicted to expand by 21 percent in the years between 2012 and 2022, according to reports of Bureau of Labor Statistics. Long-term facilities highly demand this workforce, in order to provide quality care to the elderly aged population.

FAQs

Question 1 – Can anyone suggest me some of the top paying CNA job titles in the state of West Virginia?

Answer – According to indeed.com, in January, 2015, CNA Hospice tops the highest paying job title in WV with the annual income $30,000. CNA Rrmc ($28,000), Medical Assistant Family Practice ($27,000), CNA Medical Surgical ($26,000), CNA Float Pool Riverbend ($25,000), and CNA Neurology Riverbend ($25,000) are also paid well.

Question 2 – At present, I am employed as a nursing aide in Wisconsin, and I’m planning to shift to West Virginia in a couple of months. How much income can I expect?

Answer – If you are planning to work as a CNA in WV, you can expect an average annual income of $23,000, according to the data provided by the indeed.com.