Find a Nursing School

CNA Salary In North Dakota

North Dakota ranks second among the top five states which has the highest number of jobs and site quotients in this profession. It employed 6,980 nursing assistants in May 2013, as per the information provided by the Bureau of Labor Statistics. The yearly and hourly mean salary of a CNA in ND was $28,070 and $13.49, respectively. Employment per thousand jobs was 16.51. As per the data provided by, the yearly CNA salary in the state was $22,000 that was 11 percent lower as compared to the average CNA income for job postings all over the nation.

Get Your Degree!

Find schools and get information on the program that’s right for you.

Annual CNA Salary in ND on Different Percentile Brackets

The table shows the CNA salary in North Dakota based on different percentile brackets.

Percentile BracketAnnual Wages

Information Source – The Bureau of Labor Statistics (as of May 2013)

  • 90% of CNAs waged less than $35,870; rest 10% salaried more than $35,870.
  • 75% of certified nurse assistants earned less than $30,890; remaining 25% earned more than $30,890.
  • 50% made less than $27,680; rest 50% earned more than $27,680.
  • 25% of CNAs were paid annual wages less than $24,610; 75% were paid more than $24,610.
  • 10% of employees were offered less than $21,620; 90% were offered more than $21,620.

Salary as per Geographical Location

The salary of a certified nursing assistant is calculated after considering numerous factors that includes nurse ranking, level of education, experience in the field, certification level, number of hours worked, nursing specialty, and most importantly geographic location. Dickinson and Minot offered the lowest median annual, monthly, weekly and hourly salary of $21,730, $1,811, $418 and $10 respectively. Fargo and West Fargo paid the highest median yearly salary of $29,091.

Name of the CityMedian Annual SalaryMedian Monthly SalaryMedian Weekly SalaryMedian Hourly Salary
Grand Forks$23,623$1,969$454$11
West Fargo$29,091$2,424$559$14

Information Source – (as of January, 2015)

Average Salary of Similar Job Titles in ND

There are a number of job titles in the nursing sector that involves CNA Float Pool Riverbend, CNA Neurology Riverbend, Correctional Prison Facility CNA, Medical Assistant Family Practice, and many more. They are given responsibilities according to their positions. CNA Hospice was paid the highest among all i.e. $28,000 while Correctional Prison Facility CNA was provided with the lowest amount, i.e. $13,000.

Just fill your information and find the nearest school in your state.

Get Started As A Registered Nurse Today!

Job TitleSalary
CNA Float Pool Riverbend$23,000
CNA Neurology Riverbend$23,000
CNA Rrmc$26,000
CNA Medical South$21,000
CNA Medical Surgical$24,000
CNA CA State Prison$21,000
CNA Submit Info Today$20,000
CNA Sign UP Today$22,000
CNA Hospice$28,000
CNA Sign UP$21,000
Skilled Nursing Facility CNA$15,000
Correctional Prison Facility CNA$13,000
Acute Care CNA$14,000
Medical Assistant Family Practice$26,000

Information Source – (as of January 2015)

Other Benefits

There are a number of extra benefits provided to the nursing assistants for their welfare. These advantages are as follows:

  • Employee (personal) assistance programs
  • Flexible spending accounts
  • Short-term disability
  • Prescription drug plans
  • Vision coverage
  • Bonus
  • Paid time off
  • Dental plans
  • Retirement plans

Job Outlook

According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the expected job growth rate for nursing assistants is over 21%. This occupation has outstanding job opportunities throughout the nation due to the development in medical sector. There is high turnover rate in this profession as it’s an entry level job. Hence, CNAs are always in demand as they take advanced program courses in order to become RN or LPN. On the whole, a CNA job strengthens the foundation for a gratifying nursing career.

Just fill your information and find the nearest school in your state.

Click Here For Local Or Online Schools!


Question 1I want to know the salary package of CNAs in Fargo.

Answer – In Fargo, the median annual, monthly, weekly and hourly salary of a certified nursing assistant is $29,091, $2,424, $559, and $14 respectively.

Question 2I will be completing my CNA course after two months. Does anybody know the starting average pay of a CNA in ND?

Answer – The average CNA salary in the state of North Dakota was $22,000, as per the data provided by, as of January 2015.