Find a CNA Class near you

CNA Salary In Kansas

The state of Kansas compensates the nursing assistants with lucrative salaries. As per the statistics of, the average salary of a CNA was $22,000 per annum, as of December 2014, which was 9% lower than the average pay of CNA for job postings at the national level. In May 2013, the annual and hourly mean wage in the state was $23,110 and $11.11, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. In the same year, state employed 19,310 nurse aides. Employment per thousand jobs was calculated to be around 14.45.

Yearly CNA Salary in KS on Different Percentile Brackets

The table shown below provides yearly wage estimates of certified nursing assistants based on different percentile brackets:

Percentile BracketAnnual Salary

Information Source – The Bureau of Labor Statistics (as of May 2013)

  • 90% of certified nurse aides were waged less than $29,450; 10% made more than $29,450.
  • 75% of CNAs were paid less than $25,550; the remaining 25% received more than $25,550.
  • 50% of the employees earned less than $22,540; the rest 50% earned more than $22,540.
  • 25% of certified nursing assistants were offered annual wages less than $20,350; 75% were paid more than $20,350.
  • 10% of employees were offered less than $18,160; 90% made more than $18,160.

Salary as per Geographical Location

There are many variations in the salary figures of a nursing assistant within the state of Kansas. According to the, the maximum median annual salary enjoyed by a CNA was $30,213, which was offered by a number of cities including Kansas City, Lenexa, Olathe, Overland Park and Shawnee. Salina offered the lowest median annual salary ($25,961). The median weekly salary in the state varied between $499 and $581 and the median hourly salary ranged from $12 to $15.

Name of the CityMedian Annual SalaryMedian Monthly SalaryMedian Weekly SalaryMedian Hourly Salary
Kansas City$30,213$2,518$581$15
Overland Park$30,213$2,518$581$15

Information Source – (as of December 2014)

Income of Professionals Having Similar Job Designations

Nursing assistants have a number of choices to upgrade their position in the nursing industry. The salary of a CNA largely depends on the designation. As indicated in the table below, CNA Hospice enjoyed an income of $29,000 in December 2014. The least paid workers were Correctional Prison Facility CNA with annual salary $14,000. The salaries of other designation ranged between $15,000 and $27,000.

Featured Nursing Schools Near You

CNA Medical South$22,000
CNA CA State Prison$21,000
CNA Float Pool Riverbend$24,000
Skilled Nursing Facility CNA$16,000
Correctional Prison Facility CNA$14,000
CNA Rrmc$27,000
Acute Care CNA$15,000
CNA Sign UP Today$23,000
CNA Medical Surgical$25,000
CNA Neurology Riverbend$24,000
CNA Hospice$29,000
CNA Submit Info Today$21,000
CNA Sign UP$21,000
Medical Assistant Family Practice$27,000

Information Source – (as of December 2014)

Other Benefits

Apart from salary package, there are a number of other benefits offered to the nursing assistants, such as:

  • Family and medical leave
  • Medical insurance
  • Health insurance
  • Retirement, program, vacation and personal days
  • Medical coverage
  • Dental and vision insurance
  • Prescription drug plans
  • Certain types of disability

Job Outlook

According to BLS reports, CNA is listed as a profession that is predicted to expand at a faster rate. The requirement of nursing assistants is likely to increase, especially in the nursing homes. Additionally, numerous chronic conditions also enhance the demand for patient care.


Question 1 – I will be obtaining my CNA at the end of this summer, can anyone suggest me from where can I start working?

Answer – After completing the 1st semester of nursing school, all CNAs can start working in the hospital and can earn up to $11.11/hr.

Question 2 Presently, I am working in Salina, KA and planning to move to Lenexa city due to some personal reasons. How much hourly pay can I expect in the city?

Answer – In Lenexa, an hourly pay of $15 is offered to the nursing assistants, which is the maximum among all other cities in the state.