Find a CNA Class near you

CNA Salary In Maryland

Nursing assistants in Maryland earn a lower income than other medical professions. According to the BLS (Bureau of Labor Statistics), around 26,780 CNAs were employed, and employment per 1000 jobs was 10.57.  The mean annual salary was $28,880, and hourly wages were $13.89, as of May 2013. Since the demand of nurses is growing at a faster rate, there are chances that they will receive decent and satisfactory salary packages in the upcoming years. As per, the average salary of nurse aides in the state of Maryland, in December 2014, was $25,000, which was 3% higher than an average salary for job postings nationally. So, get yourself enrolled in a recognized program school and pursue a thriving career.

Yearly CNA Salary in MD on Different Percentile Brackets

The table shown below gives a detailed view of the annual wages of a certified nursing assistant based on different percentile brackets:

Percentile BracketAnnual Wages

Information Source – The Bureau of Labor Statistics (as of May 2013)

  • 90% of CNAs made less than $37,330; 10% made more than $37,330.
  • 75% of certified nurse assistants earned less than $32,240; the remaining 25% earned more than $32,240.
  • 50% of the employees waged less than $27,620; the rest 50% earned more than $27,620.
  • 25% were remunerated with annual wage less than $23,630; 75% were paid more than $23,630.
  • 10% of CNAs received less than $20,850; 90% were offered more than $20,850.

Salary as per Geographical Location

Geographic location plays an important role in deciding the salary packages of a nursing assistant. It can be concluded from below table that Bethesda, Bowie, Gaithersburg, Germantown, Potomac, Rockville, Silver Spring and Waldorf were the highest paying cities in MD with a median pay of $33,891 per year, monthly median salary of $2,824 and median hourly wages of $16 as per the figures provided by Frederick was the lowest paying city that salaried the CNAs with $30,505 yearly, $2,542 monthly and $15 on an hourly basis.

Name of the CityMedian Annual SalaryMedian Monthly SalaryMedian Weekly SalaryMedian Hourly Salary
Ellicott City$31,533$2,628$606$15
Glen Burnie$31,533$2,628$606$15
Silver Spring$33,891$2,824$652$16

Information Source – (as of December 2014)

Salary of Professionals in MD Holding Similar Job Designations

The table shown below gives a detailed view of the salary of CNAs with different job titles. According to, in December 2014, CNA Hospice earns $33,000 which is highest among all. All the remaining professionals earn between $15,000 and $30,000.

Featured Nursing Schools Near You

CNA Medical South$25,000
CNA CA State Prison$24,000
CNA Float Pool Riverbend$27,000
Skilled Nursing Facility CNA$18,000
Correctional Prison Facility CNA$15,000
CNA Rrmc$30,000
Acute Care CNA$16,000
CNA Sign UP Today$26,000
CNA Medical Surgical$28,000
CNA Neurology Riverbend$27,000
CNA Hospice$33,000
CNA Submit Info Today$24,000
CNA Sign UP$24,000
Medical Assistant Family Practice$30,000

Information Source – (as of December 2014)

Other Benefits

A number of additional benefits are provided by the employers for improving the living standard of the nursing assistants. Some of these additional benefits include:

  • Legal public holidays
  • Time Off: paid time off from work
  • Sick leave
  • Dental and vision insurance
  • Health insurance
  • Vacation and personal days
  • Prescription drug plans
  • Family and medical leave
  • Memberships
  • Certain types of disability
  • Medical coverage

Job Outlook

According to the BLS, the job opportunities of a CNA are expected to rise by 21% in the coming years from 2012 to 2022. With the increasing population, the need for nursing assistants will also increase. The nursing demand may decline due to the dependency of nursing homes on government funding. However, choosing a career as a CNA is a good choice, especially for those who want to work for the welfare of the society.


Question 1 – Can you suggest me some of the best paying nursing assistant job titles in the state of Maryland?

Answer – According to, in December 5, 2014, CNA Hospice is the highest paying job title with an annual income of $33,000. Other job titles include CNA Rrmc ($30,000), Medical Assistant Family Practice ($30,000), CNA Medical Surgical ($28,000), CNA Float Pool Riverbend ($27,000), and CNA Neurology Riverbend ($27,000).

Question 2 – In Maryland, what is the average salary of a CNA?

Answer – According to the, you can expect an average yearly salary of $25,000, which is 3% higher as compared to the average salary for job postings all over the country.