Find a CNA Class near you

CNA Salary In Oklahoma

Work experience, education level, and location are some of the major factors that decide CNA salary in Oklahoma. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, around 17,270 certified nursing assistants were employed in the state of Oklahoma, as of May 2013, and earned the mean annual and hourly salary of $21,820 and $10.49, respectively. The employment per thousand jobs was 11.08. As per the survey conducted by indeed.com, it was revealed that the annual salary of a CNA was $21,000 in January 2015. It was 14 percent lower than the average salary for job postings all over the country.

Annual CNA Salary in OK on Different Percentile Brackets

The yearly salary of a certified nursing assistant in Oklahoma, based on different percentile brackets is as follows:

Percentile BracketAnnual Wages
90th$28,460
75th$24,030
50th$21,490
25th$18,750
10th$16,720

Information Source – The Bureau of Labor Statistics (as of May 2013)

  • 90% of nurse aides received less than $28,460; 10% were paid more than $28,460.
  • 75% of certified nurse assistants made less than $24,030; 25% earned more than $24,030.
  • 50% of the employees were offered less than $21,490; rest 50% waged more than $21,490.
  • 25% of CNAs were paid annual wages less than $18,750; remaining 75% were paid more than $18,750.
  • 10% of employees were salaried less than $16,720; 90% were remunerated more than $16,720.

Salary as per Geographical Location

The workplace plays a major role in determining the salary of a certified nursing assistant. According to salary.com (as of January 2015), Broken Arrow and Tulsa remunerated CNAs with the highest salary ($29,238), whereas CNAs in Muskogee received the lowest median annual and monthly salary of $24,843 and $2,070 respectively. The median hourly wages ranged between $12 and $14.

Name of the CityMedian Annual SalaryMedian Monthly SalaryMedian Weekly SalaryMedian Hourly Salary
Altus$25,808$2,151$496$12
Bartlesville$28,329$2,361$545$14
Broken Arrow$29,238$2,437$562$14
Edmond$28,882$2,407$555$14
Enid$26,149$2,179$503$13
Lawton$25,808$2,151$496$12
Muskogee$24,843$2,070$478$12
Norman$28,882$2,407$555$14
Oklahoma City$28,882$2,407$555$14
Stillwater$27,151$2,263$522$13
Tulsa$29,238$2,437$562$14

Information Source – salary.com (as of January 2015)

Salary of Professionals Holding Similar Job Titles in OK

With the advancement in education, applicants now have the opportunity to acquire higher job titles. It not only brings more responsibilities but increases the salary figures of a CNA. For instance, as per the data provided by indeed.com, CNA Hospice earned $27,000, while Correctional Prison Facility CNA made the lowest ($13,000).

Let us find the best CNA CLasses in your state. Fill this.

Show schools near me

Job TitleSalary
CNA Float Pool Riverbend$23,000
CNA Neurology Riverbend$23,000
CNA Rrmc$25,000
CNA Medical South$21,000
CNA Medical Surgical$23,000
CNA CA State Prison$20,000
CNA Submit Info Today$20,000
CNA Sign UP Today$21,000
CNA Hospice$27,000
CNA Sign UP$20,000
Skilled Nursing Facility CNA$15,000
Correctional Prison Facility CNA$13,000
Acute Care CNA$14,000
CNA$21,000
Medical Assistant Family Practice$25,000

Information Source – indeed.com (as of January 2015)

Other Benefits

The certified nursing assistants are entitled to receive certain benefits, in order to facilitate them live a healthy life. These benefits are as follows –

  • Bonus
  • Paid leaves
  • Family and medical leaves
  • Dental plans
  • Short-term disability
  • Vision coverage
  • Flexible spending accounts
  • Employee (personal) assistance programs
  • Prescription drug plans

Job Outlook

Apart from the high salary, certified nursing assistants also enjoy a wide number of extra benefits. The growth rate of CNAs is predicted to be over 21 percent in the years 2012-2022, which means that approximately 312,200 new positions will be available to the nursing aides. However, this growth may be constrained by a number of factors such as reliance of nursing homes on government funding, limited options for career advancement, high physical demands, low income, etc.

Let us find the best CNA CLasses in your state. Fill this.

Show schools near me

FAQs

Question 1 – Is there any difference in the hourly salaries among various cities of OK?

Answer – The hourly salary in the state of Oklahoma ranges from $12 to $14. However, maximum cities provided an hourly salary of $14 to the CNAs.

Question 2 Currently, I’m living in Atlus and earn an annual salary of $25,808 as a CNA. I’m planning to shift to Broken Arrow, how much salary can I expect there?

Answer – Atlus is one such city that offers the lowest annual salary to a CNA. In Broken Arrow, nursing assistants can earn up to $29,238 per annum.