Find a CNA Class near you

CNA Salary In New York

According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, around 99,820 CNAs were employed in the state, as of May, 2013. The employment per thousand jobs was 11.56. New York is the second top paying state with mean annual and hourly salary $32,130 and $15.45 respectively. The average CNA income in NY, in January 2015, was $33,000 which was 36 % higher than the average national salary for job postings, as per the statistics provided by

Yearly CNA Salary in NY on Different Percentile Brackets

The annual CNA salary in New York based on different percentile brackets is shown in the following table:

Percentile BracketAnnual Wages

Information Source – The Bureau of Labor Statistics (as of May 2013)

  • 90% of CNAs made less than $42,770; 10% made more than $42,770.
  • 75% of certified nurse assistants earned less than $37,170; remaining 25% earned more than $37,170.
  • 50% of the employees earned less than $32,700; rest 50% earned more than $32,700.
  • 25% of CNAs were paid annual wages less than $26,490; 75% were paid more than $26,490.
  • 10% of employees received less than $21,640; 90% were offered more than $21,640.

Salary as per Geographical Location

Work settings and geographic location indirectly influence the salary of a CNA. Other than this, the experience, education level, and work type is also counted. Bronx, Brooklyn, New York, Queens Village, Staten Island were the highest paying cities with median annual salary $36,240 and median monthly salary $3,020. Binghamton was the lowest paying city with median annual salary $28,279 and median monthly salary $2,357.

Name of the CityMedian Annual SalaryMedian Monthly SalaryMedian Weekly SalaryMedian Hourly Salary
Mount Vernon$35,170$2,931$676$17
New Rochelle$34,380$2,865$661$17
New York$36,240$3,020$697$17
Niagara Falls$29,438$2,453$566$14
Queens Village$36,240$3,020$697$17
Staten Island$36,240$3,020$697$17
White Plains$34,380$2,865$661$17

Information Source – (as of January 2015)

Average Salary of Similar Job Titles in NY

A wide array of CNA job titles are conferred in the nursing field, according to the experience of a nursing assistant. These titles not only bring responsibilities but also offer a heavy paycheck. For instance, CNA Hospice was the highest salaried professional with a pay of $43,000. Correctional Prison Facility CNA received the lowest salary of $21,000. Salary for other designation ranges between $22,000 and $40,000.

Let us find the best CNA CLasses in your state. Fill this.

Show schools near me

Job TitleSalary
CNA Sign UP Today$34,000
CNA Sign UP$32,000
Correctional Prison Facility CNA$21,000
CNA Medical Surgical$37,000
Acute Care CNA$22,000
Medical Assistant Family Practice$40,000
CNA Float Pool Riverbend$36,000
Skilled Nursing Facility CNA$23,000
CNA Neurology Riverbend$36,000
CNA Hospice$43,000
CNA Medical South$33,000
CNA Rrmc$40,000
CNA Submit Info Today$32,000
CNA CA State Prison$32,000

Information Source – (as of January 2015)

Other Benefits

In order to enhance the living standard of a certified nurse, several perks are offered to them. Some of them are as follows:

  • Family and medical leave
  • Dental insurance
  • Bonus
  • Medical coverage
  • Retirement
  • Vision insurance
  • Pension plans
  • Program, vacation and personal days
  • Health insurance
  • Prescription drug plans

Job Outlook

The job growth rate for certified nursing assistants is anticipated to be increased by 21 percent in the coming years (2012- 2022 decade), as per the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), which means that approximately 312,200 new positions will be generated for the CNAs. However, this field has limited advancement opportunities, high physical demands, and low pay; therefore, many nursing aides are likely to leave their jobs to pursue higher studies.

Let us find the best CNA CLasses in your state. Fill this.

Show schools near me


Question 1How much do CNAs earn in New York?

Answer – In New York, CNAs can expect a salary of $33,000 per annum.

Question 2Since the cost of living is high in NY, what job title should I target to earn my living?

Answer – CNA Hospice is the highest paid job title with annual salary $43,000. Other top paying job titles are CNA Rrmc ($40,000), Medical Assistant Family Practice ($40,000), and CNA Medical Surgical ($37,000).