Once you receive your certified nursing assistant certificate, the next step is to prepare your resume so that you can apply for a job. A CNA resume may be written in many formats like general, functional, chronological or even targeted. Regardless of the format you use, the main purpose of the resume is to secure an interview.
Tips for Creating a CNA Resume
Keep the following points in mind while making your resume.
- First impression is always the last impression; therefore, your resume must be professional. Outline your skills, expertise, qualifications and your experience.
- Use relevant keywords and keep the resume simple yet to the point.
Certified Nursing Assistant Resume Sample
Ellen Connor, CNA
(555) 555-36945 48 Oak Street, Tampa, FL 45894 email@example.com
Reliable and highly motivated certified nursing assistant with 7 years of work experience in a fast moving environment attending to patients in different healthcare situations, administration of medication, properly recording all the data collected and handling all the necessary paper work.
Certificates and Licenses
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA), Florida – 2008 to present
BLS, CPR, and First Aid
Nursing Skill Highlights
- HIPPA Compliance
- Patient care & monitoring
- Medication administration
- Calm and level-headed
- Medical terminology
- Medical records
- Problem solving
Certified Nursing Assistant (January 2013 to date)
Hospital Hill Healthcare Center, Sometown, CT
- Assess patient’s vital signs, sample collection and pre and post operation care.
- Helping patients with their daily routines such as bathing, cleaning and feeding.
- Promote games and other recreational activities to keep patients occupied.
- Completing the documents in accordance to the department’s guidelines.
- Implement routine tests like vision, hearing test, and dip stick.
- Follow safety guidelines, health care facility regulations and policies.
- Provide emotional support to the patients and their families.
- Make sure the health care is clean, well-stocked and orderly.
Certified Nursing Assistant (January 2008 to December 2012)
Aga Khan Hospital, Parklands, MS
Education and Program
- Took and recorded daily temperature, blood pressure and sugar of the patients.
- Did preparations for pre and post operation tasks.
- Observed the medical conditions of the patients and informed the superiors.
- Helped the patients with their daily living activities.
- Looked after the requirements of the chronically ill patients.
Tampa School of Nursing, FL
Nurse’s Aide Program, 2006
- Finished 80 hours of program
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA), Florida, 2007